Agitated Thin Film Evaporators are successfully used for the purification of organic compounds that are heat sensitive, viscous and have high boiling points.
ATFE Systems Experience
The key to the successful use of the ATFE is the proper selection and installation of ancillary equipment and instrumentation required to allow the ATFE to operate at its full capability.
ATFE, Balaji Thin Film Technology has been designing and supplying comprehensive WFE Systems to solve different processing problems for domestic and international clientele. Systems can vary in scope from simple to complex, multistage ATFE Systems that include the following:
- Feed degasses
- Multiple ATFEs
- Level tanks and pumps
- Tempered water systems
- Multi-stage vacuum systems
- Thermal fluid systems
- Utility and process piping
- Instrumentation and controls
- Modular assembly on support steel (12 ft. x 12 ft. x 40 ft. high)
ATFE Systems are our business. Our experienced project engineers will match your process objectives with a well-defined system that will satisfy all of your process and other special requirements.
- Typical operating pressures in the range of 10-30 torr and in special cases, as low as 100 microns.
- Eliminates heat history and minimizes thermal degradation
- Thin film improves stripping of VOCs
- Higher operating vacuums
- Efficiently processes viscous solutions
- Eliminates color bodies
- Increases purity; minimizes impurities
- Continuous operation
- Low residence time eliminates thermal degradation
- Recovers additional bottoms product from overhead
- Eliminates loss due to thermal degradation
- Recovers additional distillate product from bottoms